Help with Childcare Costs when in Full-Time Study

Share this page

Lettered dice arranged on a table to spell the word STUDY

Are you in full time education or thinking of returning to full time education and have dependent children up to age 15 years? (or up to 17 years old with special educational needs/disabilities). Are you aware of the types of financial help that you may be eligible for? E.g. help with childcare costs.

Help with childcare costs

If you are in full-time study or intending to return to full-time study and will need help to pay childcare costs for your children, visit Student Finance in Northern Ireland to see what help you may be entitled to.

Types of financial help

Student Finance NI provide information on various grants, allowances and loans that may be available to you.  You will find information on the types financial help available, eligibility and the application process.

Student Finance NI provides important information on:

  • available help with tuition fees costs
  • help with the costs of living while in full time studies
  • extra help available (additional funding to help students in various circumstances, such as students with a disability or long-term health condition, or to help towards childcare costs)

Other Useful Links:

NI Direct - Financial Help for Parents in Education

NI Direct - Student Finance

NI Direct - Types of Student Finance Available 

NI Direct - Universities and Colleges in Northern Ireland

Related Documents

Education Authority Further Education Awards Booklet 2018/19

Student Finance NI 2019/20 Timeline

Student Finance NI Childcare/Dependants Grants 2019/20

Student Finance NI Student Loans 2019/20 Terms & Conditions Guide

Last Updated: 12/02/2019