- Contact Person
- Telephone Number
- 078 2693 0508
- Email Address
- Web Address
Carers Trust Northern Ireland is part of Carers Trust, a major charity for, with and about carers. We work to improve support, services and recognition for anyone living with the challenges of caring, unpaid, for a family member or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems.
Our vision is of a world where the role and contribution of unpaid carers is recognised and they have access to the trusted quality support and services they need to live their own lives.
Online support for carers
You can get 24-hour support, every day of the year, from our online services for carers. Carers Trust online services are open to all carers, wherever you live in the UK and whatever your age :-
• Babble (babble.carers.org) is for young carers under 18
• Matter (matter.carers.org) is for young adult carers aged 16–25
• Carers Space (Carers.org/carers-space) is for carers aged 18 and over
A carer is anyone who cares, unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support.
If you are looking after someone who wouldn’t be able to cope on their own the Carers Trust
Carers Support Service can help you with information and training. Our free and confidential service is available to carers aged 18 and over who provide substantial and regular care for anyone with a disability, an illness or who is older or frail. The service is funded by Belfast Health and Social Care Trust and is available to carers of people living in the Belfast Trust area.
Our information and advice service
Getting the right advice, support and information can really help you in your caring role and make a big difference. Our Carers Support Service can give you the help and information you need.
We can provide information on:
• Supports and choices available to you as a carer.
• Carer support assessments to help you get the right support.
• How to access advice on benefits.
• Belfast Health and Social Care Trust’s carer support services.
Whatever your caring situation, we can offer information and advice which can help you
manage your caring role. And if we can’t help, we can put you in touch with the service or
support organisation that can.
The Carers Trust Carers Support Service provides regular education and training events for carers. These take place across Belfast and are free to carers of people living in the Belfast
Health Trust area.
Our welcoming sessions will:
• Help you develop your own caring skills, knowledge and expertise.
• Give you the chance to meet other carers in a relaxed environment.
• Support you to look after your own health and wellbeing.
Topics will include:
• Managing stress.
• First Aid.
• Diet and Nutrition.
• Safe moving and handling.
We are keen to provide the training that carers need and will always try to repeat popular sessions to give everyone a chance to attend.
- Available to Age Groups
- Category of Services
- Areas covered