- Connswater Community Centre, Severn Street, Belfast, BT4 1SX
- Contact Person
- Claire Curran
- Telephone Number
- 028 9046 0201 or 07928291466
- Email Address
- Web Address
A suicide free society where there is no stigma and people are educated, aware and understanding. That people feel able to talk freely and know and recognise that help and support are always accessible and available.
Supporting those who have been bereaved or affected by suicide, with referrals for the most appropriate support and raising awareness
SURVIVORS OF SUICIDE BELIEVE THAT
• That each and every family receive appropriate support after a bereavement by suicide if they ask
• That each response is individual and based on the person's needs rather than the organisations.
• That all families and people affected by suicide need a different response and some may not want help until months after the death by suicide.
• That we need to listen to the community and families about their needs and plan the support appropriately.
• This is a community problem and one organisation can not tackle the issue alone, we all need to work together and support each other.
The Organisation is established to help alleviate distress and offer assistance to people who have suffered loss through suicide or anguish through self-harm by loved ones,
in particular by the development of support systems within the community;
Advance the education of the public and raise awareness of the causes and effects of suicide and self-harm and into matters relating to the nature of grieving, bereavement and the treatment and rehabilitation of individuals that self-harm.
To offer support for family and friends bereaved and or affected by suicide.
To connect families and friends bereaved through suicide in East Belfast/Castlereagh and give relevant advice on help and support available.
To create a group for families to express their needs and concerns and facilitate action to address them.
- Available to Age Groups
- Category of Services
- Areas covered