- Contact Person
- Orlagh McVeigh/Clare Connolly
- Telephone Number
- See below
- Email Address
- Web Address
AD:EPT (Alcohol and Drugs: Empowering People Through Therapy) is Northern Ireland's largest drug and alcohol treatment service for adults based in NI's three prisons.
AD:EPT is a service delivered by Start360, providing a range of services to people in custody who have problems with drug and alcohol use. We work in all three prisons and have experience in helping people deal with problems associated with being in custody. All our workers are trained professionals who offer a sensitive and confidential service.
What we do:
• Core Harm Reduction Session - This is carried out as part of the prison's induction programme and explains and advises on reducing the risk of harm caused by substances while in custody. It explains what support is available from AD:EPT within prison. If you are getting bail, we can provide you with information on services in the community.
• One-to-one Counselling - The counsellor will engage with your agreement, over a number of sessions on ways of changing behaviour and addressing issues around drugs and alcohol.
• Casework - The caseworker will engage with your agreement over a number of sessions. We will focus on your current situation and work towards where you want to be in relation to drug and alcohol use. We will help you decide what you wish to change and assit individuals setting goals for a safer, healthier and happier life.
• Pre-release - This session is aimed at clients who are due for release, looking at how to reduce risk when released from custody. We will provide information and advice on drugs and alcohol use and help formulate plans for reintegration in the community.
• PASRO - This is an offending behaviour programme for males aged 18 and over in prison. It is aimed at addressing the link between their offence and substance misuse.
• FDT - We visit individuals who fail drug tests while in prison and offer support and the opportunity to engage with AD:EPT.
How to contact us :-
If you know someone who is in prison and think we can help then there are several ways they can contact us:
• Ask an officer on the landing to arrange it.
• Ask a medical officer or probation officer for a referral.
• Ask at an induction/core harm reduction meeting.
• Ask at a resettlement meeting.
Once a request has been received, individuals will be placed on our list and seen as soon as possible
Manager : Orlagh McVeigh
Assistant Manager Clare Connolly
Hydebank Prison & YOC: (028 9049 4169)
HMP Magilligan: (028 7775 1831)
HMP Maghaberry: (028 9261 4066)
- Available to Age Groups
- Category of Services
- Areas covered