- Customized Training Services, 23 Main Street, Strabane, Co Tyrone, BT82 8AS
- Contact Person
- Telephone Number
- 028 7122 5413
- Email Address
- Web Address
Derry City & Strabane District Council areas :-
Community Family Support Programme (CFSP) help individuals / families address the employment, educational, training, health, social and economic issues which are causing problems getting into education, training or employment.
Who is CFSP for?
• “Aged 16-74years old, not in education or training, unemployed or working under 48 hours / week, looking for a new job or increase your hours”
• Have concerns with health, social problems, housing issues, financial difficulties, or other issues stopping you find suitable education, training or employment
• CFSP is free and voluntary, we ask that you are committed to improving YOUR life, with our help
• Activities are tailored to your specific needs, strengthening support from family members, friends and / or other services.
When is CFSP?
• Start and finish CFSP anytime, we aim for 4 - 6 months - it’s up to you.
• Meet in the family home, public place, library, café, groups or in our office, wherever you feel more comfortable
• Start with the difficulties and work together towards your end goal.
How will CFSP help me?
Whether you have been referred by someone who is working with you or your family, like a support service, a careers advisor, or GP, or if you have decided to contact us yourself, your journey begins with your designated Family Mentor (FM) who will:
• Phone / text to introduce themselves and arrange a time to meet
• Visit at a time and place that suits you, this initially takes place at the family home, or if you prefer CFSP office or someplace you feel more comfortable
• At the first meeting, the FM will ask some questions about your circumstances, to establish if there are concerns with money, benefits, housing, relationships, health and well-being— this to assess what support you would like, and what we can offer.
• The Family Mentor will ask the Career Mentor (CM) to help when you are ready to start looking for work or education/training opportunities.
• The Career Mentor will discuss previous work history & qualifications, what kind of job or course you are looking for, help with job-searching, contacting employers and finding you work, and plan how we can work together to achieve your goals.
• Both the Family and Career Mentors can also help arrange training through our Facilitators, who offer online training or source courses and training within your local area.
Method of Access (Referral)
• Health Visitor
• Social Worker
• Family Support Hub
• Social Security Benefit Office
- Available to Age Groups
- Category of Services
- Areas covered