This privacy notice explains when and why we collect personal information about you, how we use it, when we may disclose it to others, who we share it with, how we keep it safe and secure and your rights and choices in relation to your information
Health and Social Care (HSC) organisations respect the security and privacy concerns of users on this and all websites.
The Health and Social Care Board (HSCB) is notified under the Data Protection Act 1998 and we confirm that we will comply with the Data Protection Act in all our dealings with your personal data.
Family Support NI (FSNI) Privacy Notice
This privacy notice explains when and why we collect personal information about you, how we use it, when we may disclose it to others, who we share it with, how we keep it safe and secure and your rights and choices in relation to your information.
If you have any questions regarding this privacy notice and how we use your information you can speak to the FSNI support team on Tel No: 0845 600 6483 or send your query by email to
Who are we?
www.familysupportni.gov.uk is managed by the Health and Social Care Board on behalf of the Department of Health. The site provides up-to-date easily accessible information on Family Support and childcare services available in Northern Ireland.
The FamilysupportNI site provides the regional public register of childcare provision in N. Ireland.
How do we collect Information ?
The information on family support providers has been provided to us by the organisations providing these services. We contact these organisations on a regular basis inviting them to update their information that is held on the FSNI site.
The information that we hold on childcare providers is provided to us both by the childcare providers and by the HSC Trust Early Years Teams (who hold the statutory registration and inspection function). The Early Years Teams provide the publicly available information to FSNI in order that it can be included on the regional public register of childcare.
When we receive notification of a new childcare provider registration from the Early Years Team we contact the childcare provider directly to obtain additional information such as any vacancies, experience of special needs, school pick-up/drop –off, flexible working hours, accepts childcare vouchers etc. The childcare provider can also add relevant information to promote their business. This additional information is made available on the site with the consent of the childcare provider.
Who do we share your information with?
The FSNI website is a public directory of Family Support and childcare services. All information we have is available to young people, families, front line staff and public.
FSNI shares details of the public register of childcare with HMRC and other bodies as required by legislation.
How do I keep my information up to date?
All service providers will receive an email/text periodically inviting them to check their information. If you need to notify us of any changes to your details, please contact us using the details below.
Telephone 0845 600 6483 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who has access to your personal information?
This is a public directory of Family Support and childcare services and the information we have is available to young people, families, front line staff and public.
Data protection law requires us to rely on one or more lawful grounds to process your personal information. We consider the following grounds to be relevant to Family Support NI and the processing we undertake;
• Where you have provided specific consent for us to use or share your personal information.
• Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the HSC.
• Occasionally, we may be ordered by a court to release information.
• In an emergency, for example in the case of medical emergency, we may be required to share information with the emergency services.
We will only communicate with you by email, by post and by telephone if you have explicitly provided your prior consent at registration and those communications will relate to the provision of family support and childcare information. We will no longer contact you once you have de-registered from providing childcare or Family Support services (‘opted out’).
UK Data Protection law gives you certain rights over your personal information. Here is a summary of what rights you have when it comes to the information FSNI holds about you.
Right of access you information
You have a right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you and a copy of that information (exceptions apply).
If you ever wish to exercise this right, please write to the FSNI Team at email@example.com and describe what information you want to access. Access is free of charge (exceptions apply).
Right to have your inaccurate personal information corrected
You have the right to have inaccurate or incomplete information we hold about you corrected or amended. You can ask to see the information we hold about you at any time to check that it is accurate. It would very much assist FSNI if you could let us know at any time if there is a change in your registered details, for example, if you change your contact information or your address, or if there are any other changes we need to be made aware of.
Changes to some Childcare Provider statutory information fields, such as address or registered numbers will need to be verified with the registering Early Years Team before they can be updated on www.familysupportni.gov.uk Please make sure your Early Years Team are aware of these changes.
Right to restrict use
You have a right to ask us to restrict the processing of some or all of your personal information if you are concerned about the accuracy of the information or if FSNI is using your information in a way in which concerns you. (exceptions apply)
Right of erasure
You may ask us to delete some or all of your personal information and in certain cases, and subject to certain exceptions; we will do so as far as we are required to (exceptions apply)
Data Retention and Destruction
Periods FSNI holds only live data i.e. if an organisation closes or de-registers from the system – the data that we hold is no longer retained.
MANUAL AND ELECTRONIC DATA
• Where is your information held and in what format is it held?
o FSNI holds information in both electronic form, and in paper form.
• As part of the registration process as a child care provider the Early Years Teams are required to share contact information with the FSNI website support team for inclusion on the regional public register of childcare. This is retained securely by FSNI website support team.
• We keep your information no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. Once an organisation or childcare provider is removed from the live system the information that we hold is destroyed.
Keeping your information safe
• As required by the Data Protection Act 2018, FSNI website support team takes steps to ensure that we have in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your information.
• In respect of monthly updates from Early Years Teams and any paper records we hold, access to these are restricted to FSNI website support team staff and they are locked away at all times.
• In respect of any electronic records we hold about you, these are secured on a database which has the most up to date security available. FSNI also restricts access to these electronic records to those staff that require access to them in order to do their job and each PC has a strong password, which is not shared.
• Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems and within the FSNI website. If you have any concerns about the security of your information, please speak to the DPO.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on our Family Support NI website so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. If we make any significant changes we’ll make this clear on this website. Review of this Policy We keep this policy under regular review. This policy was last updated in September 2018 and adopted by Family Support NI on 3rd September 2018.
Right to Complain
If you are unhappy with any of the information here, or any element of the proposed use, storage sharing and retention of your data by Family Support NI, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Offices and the contact details are
The Information Commisioners Office - Northern Ireland
3rd Floor 14 Cromac Place Belfast BT7 2JB
Telephone : 028 9027 8757 / 0303 123 114
E Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org